RD Marker Ball Locators
Radiodetection RD8000M and RD7000M+ Precision Marker Locators deliver fast, accurate marker locating as well as the ability to locate cables and pipes. Both locators offer optional GPS logging.
Radiodetection’s range of precision locators builds on the high-performance and ergonomics of the RD7000®+ and RD8000® platforms, and is aimed at locate professionals and utility companies who need to detect utility RF (Radio Frequency) markers (also known as EMS or Omni-marker™) alongside buried infrastructure.
Measure depth continually and automatically
Featuring TruDepth™, Radiodetection’s unique automatic depth measurement system, and a combined utility and marker locating mode, the marker locator range delivers faster and more accurate surveys.
* some RD8000PTLM frequencies requires the use of a Tx10B transmitter
Optional internal and external GPS links
The built-in GPS option, allows customers to conveniently add positional data to their survey measurements without the need to carry additional equipment. Alternatively all units feature Bluetooth® to allow automatic linkage with an external GPS device. RD8000 models offer easy retrieval of saved measurements via USB and export into common file formats such as KML for Google Earth.
Monitoring usage, improving best practice and providing proof of work done is enabled by the automatic data logging on selected models. Every second, key locator parameters are saved into the unit’s non removable internal memory.
Up to one year of saved data can be retrieved and analyzed by connecting via USB to a PC running RD Manager, the software companion to the marker locator range. On GPS models there is the added benefit of recording survey locations.
Familiar user interface
Adopting the Radiodetection range is straightforward as it utilizes the same screens and operations as the established RD7000+ and RD8000 ranges, and can be used with any of their accessories or transmitters*
- Radiodetection’s TruDepth, provides fast and accurate automatic marker depth estimation, when the locator is in close proximity to the marker. This does not require a manual two-step ‘lift up’ process which can induce errors and lead to slower surveys.
- Combined mode allows users to simultaneously scan for cable, pipes and RF markers reducing surveying time.
- Detects all commonly used RF utilities markers enabling use across multiple industries.
- Integral data logging system, records up to 1 year typical usage of significant locate parameters every second, including positional data on RD8000 GPS models. Data can be used to provide historical records of the instrument’s use, proof of work records and to assist in identifying training and development needs.
- Data can be backed up onto a PC, giving virtually unlimited record-keeping for the life of the product.
- All marker locator models that feature data logging or GPS provide a convenient 30-day service countdown reminder. CALSafe, a user selectable feature, can be enabled to enforce a recall for service and calibration by disabling the unit after this date.
- Light weight (less than 5lbs / 2.3kg including batteries) and ergonomic design allow prolonged usage.
- High contrast screen and weatherproof (IP54) construction for operation in almost any environment.
- Built-in Li-Ion rechargeable batteries as standard, for extended battery life and cost effective operation.
- Dynamic Overload Protection (DOP) automatically filters out electrical interference while ensuring accurate location of the target pipe or cable and extending the locators’ capability into areas where other products may fail. Particularly useful in electrically noisy environments such as power sub stations or near overhead high-voltage cables. Light weight (less than 5lbs / 2.3kg including batteries) and ergonomic design allow prolonged usage.
- Bluetooth connectivity is standard on all new marker locators. This allows the locators to interface to external devices for easy transfer of survey data directly into maps and databases.
- Optional integrated GPS option for RD8000 models, enables association of survey data with positional data without the need to carry external equipment. The RD Manager PC software allows easy transfer of the locator’s survey data directly into common file formats such as KML for Google.
- Screen and operations common to Radiodetection’s Precision Locators minimizing changes in working practice and re-trainin needs. eds.
- Compatible with all RD7000+ and RD8000 accessories and transmitters ( some RD8000PTLM frequencies require the use of a Tx10B transmitter) simplifies adoption.
- All RD8000 models feature simultaneous depth and current readings, enabling faster and more precise surveys .
- USB connectivity allows operators to quickly and simply retrieve internal logs or to perform setup, validate or upgrade operations using the RD ManagerTM PC software.
- RD Manager PC software , compatible with Windows XP operating systems and above, provides operators with tools to customize and upgrade the RD7000+ and RD8000 marker locators. It also provides a convenient way to register products for extended warranty, to request technical help or book servicing and to retrieve and review Survey Measurementsdata (RD8000 models) and internal Logs (data logs).